Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How did Zumba go?

Oh, I don't know we never got there! Why you might ask. Let me explain.

It started off well, my neighbor and I were in our exercise gear, water bottles in hand and kids with their daddys. I had a general idea of where the dance studio was so we started driving. Class started at 6 and we left at 5:30. The studio is only 5miles from the house according to Mapquest we should have plenty of time. Whoever invented Mapquest is an asshole. I will get to that.

We started driving, chit chatting-it was nice. We drove up the rode that the dance studio was on, looking.....looking.....looking. "I didn't think it was this far down" We turn around. Looking....looking....looking. Hmm. Back where we started. We turn around again. I call my husband to see if he can look it up on the computer for me. He tells me a general idea of where it is, which is what i thought but we still can't find it.

Thank God, Julie has a sense of humor otherwise it would have been miserable. We kept cracking jokes about why the heck we couldn't find this place. So now, I call 411. They have no listing for the place. Really??? Julie uses her phone for Google. We look it up, get the phone number. I call. Answering machine. WTF? And the answering machine is in spanish. mmm-K.

Our mission was to find this place. Even if we had to drive around all night. Well, at about 6:20 we finally found it. It was across the street from where we had been looking in another shopping center. By this time though the group would have already warmed up and we didn't want to go in late. We are both so anal about being early we felt like losers. So instead we made plans for Wednesday and went and did a walk for about 45minutes. I'm proud of us for still walking after such a frustrating drive.

Now, about mapquest being invented by an asshole. They need a mapquest for women with LANDMARKS!!!!! If they had just said the the dance studio is next to O'briens restaurant we would have know immediately where it was. I don't need to know East and West, give me a landmark. Oh, its near the CVS ok, I got it. Assholes.



12 comments:

  1. LOL...at least you still got in a walk! I live Zumba and can't wait to go back to my gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I think that is why I couldn't get a GPS. I'm sure I'd end up in the field looking for a place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try google maps, I find that their directions are more reliable than mapquest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL..that's funny. At least you walked and had fun laughing in the meantime - so still a good night. I'll be eager to hear how Weds goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh, I cant tell you how many times that has happened to me.
    It has sent me empty parking lots. Its crazy.

    Good job though on the walking. At least you got that in.
    Now you know where it is so you can go next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny story! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a GPS option with landmarks! It would be so much easier! I have no idea what Zumba is, but it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good laugh! I can totally hear myself telling directions - it always starts with - "Okay, so do you know where XYZ is? Good." and same thing with getting them always starts with, "What's it next to?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA! I agree completely..."It's on the northwest corner.." Can't they just tell me left or right? Before or after the light?! Good job on walking though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome post! I am still laughing. We had a great night! Can't wait to Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no, that's too funny though. You will love Zumba! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! That would stress me the hell out! I hate and I mean hate not knowing exactly where I am going when I am driving. I also hate being late! I generally mapquest AND GPS things just to make sure...

    Good for you for walking! Still looking forward to hearing about Zumba when you get there.

    ReplyDelete