Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

I was so nervous about Chicago. I was nervous leaving the kids, nervous that I wouldn't get along with anyone and about a million other things. But I made myself go because I knew that if I didn't I would regret it. And let me just say that I'm glad beyond words that I made myself go.

It was so surreal to meet everyone in person. We have been so intimate on the blogs telling each other some of our inner fears and doubts. Lets face it, these blogs are not only about weight loss they are about our everyday lives. I have never in my life felt so supported than I have these last 6months blogging.

Everyone that I met surprised me. I wish it could have been longer and that we could all just live together! I forget who mentioned it, so I can't give them credit, but one of the ladies compared it to being in a sorority. And it really was. I hope that we can do these types of events again. The women did an amazing job putting all of the details together so I want to give a little shout out to the planning committee. I know that after this weekend I have made some real friendships.

15 comments:

  1. It was an amazing trip and we are all truly blessed to have one another. It was wonderful to meet you finally and you are just SO adorable. We need to do a Florida meetup to tide us over until the next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, it was amazing, everyone far surpassed my expectations. What a great time, and you are absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO GLAD you came. You are too cute for words. You and those earrings. I didn't want to leave - it was like our own sorority. Just NICER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, it was so great to meet you!! What an amazing weekend. I don't think I've ever had an experience quite like it -- it really exceeded all my expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SSOOOOOO FABULOUS to meet you this weekend! :) Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so great to meet you!! So glad we got to hang out a little!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one sexy blonde, Lady and I loved meeting you. Can't wait to go dancing again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so so so so very happy you were there!!! Gawdy (NOT!) earrings and all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you could make it! And the HAT! I wish we could have hung out a little more.....next time, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOH! I wish I could have been there to meet you all!
    Next time.....fingers crossed!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Onward!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so awesome... It was great to meet you. We need a Florida get together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What everybody else said! I miss all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing to meet you - I only wish we all had more time!!! Next year, right? And in the meantime, lots of blog commentary!

    ReplyDelete