Friday, July 2, 2010

Back to basics-

I totally slacked on my picture update but will get them up today/this weekend. Since I last updated nothing has really changed. I'm really trying to think positively, but I'm a natural born worrier. Its hard for me to change that about myself. I haven't slept through the night since I got the news from my current boss. I actually did get a call about a job I applied for and when I told the woman what I'm currently making she laughed at me and said I would never get that at their place. I finished up the phone interview politely but quickly. Who would want to work with someone that was that nasty to a candidate? But it left me a little bummed thinking about where I'll be in a month. All I know is where I am today, healthy, happy in my marriage, my children are healthy, and we have a 3day weekend here! So with that I need to get back to basics.

I weighed in today at 196-I have NO idea how that has happend. I am a stress eater and have eaten so poorly, also I have not exercised at all. But I will take it.

Goals for this week:

  • I will measure my food this week. If I'm being honest I have no idea how much I'm eating at one sitting and I should. I can't rely on luck.
  • I will work out 3x this week. A structured work out not just house cleaning. Which I do believe burns calories, but I can do better.
  • I will continue to work on things around my house. 15 minutes per night + laundry.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan. I wonder if worrying burns calories? Hang in there, everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea on the weight loss! Hang in there with the job. After our move it seemed like forever to get my dream job, but with patience I believe you can find the perfect fit. It is just a numbers game. You will find it!

    Good goals! :)

    Have a good holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when so much else is up in the air i'll bet it feels good to finally be able to have control over food, weight and health. i'm sure it will all sort itself out. keep a positive outlook and focus on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH - so annoying - about the pay thing. Dang it! I'll keep praying for you - have faith sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everything starts panning out for you! Congrats on the weigh in! Whatever counts...I am with Tessie does worrying burn calories?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe she laughed at you on the phone! What a witch. Nice job on the loss though -- at least that's a positive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your goals!! You will make this work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on your weight loss.
    Keep good career thoughts...everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my humble opinion, you deserve the weight loss! You're dealing with so much and try so hard at everything. I agree completely, sometimes I just have to remind myself that at the moment, everything is just fine. It's amazing how many moments that really is...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeesh, after all this you deserve some good weight loss. I'm sorry for the job problems. You've got a good plan for the week ahead, enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete